Point Based visas
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- This Skilled-Independent visa (subclass 189) is a permanent residence visa for points-tested skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia. To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply. ou can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.
- Who could get this visa?
You are eligible to apply for this visa if you have been invited. At the time we invite you to apply for this visa, you must have:
Score awarded table https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189
- Nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- Obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- Not yet turned 50 years of age
- Achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- At least competent English.