Other visas

Skilled Recognition Graduate visa (subclass 476)

The Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) allows recent engineering graduates of eligible universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations. It is a temporary visa.

The applicant may be inside or outside Australia when you apply for this visa however you must be outside of Australia when the visa is decided, unless you are a New Zealand citizen who holds a Special Category visa (subclass 444). A New Zealand citizen who holds a Special Category visa (subclass 444) can be in or outside Australia when the visa is decided.
Who could get this visa?
  • Might be able to get this visa if:
    • Younger than 31 years of age
    • Have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognised institution in the past two years
    • Not held a subclass 476 or subclass 485 before (unless you were a dependent family member)
    • Can demonstrate your English language ability
    • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Engineering qualifications

    In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:
    • a. Bachelors degree
    • b. Masters degree
    • c. Doctoral degree
    • d. Postgraduate diploma.
  • The qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:
    • a. Civil engineering
    • b. Structural engineering
    • c. Chemical engineering
    • d. environmental engineering
    • e. Electrical and electronics engineering
    • f. Mechanical, production and plant engineering
    • g. Mining and material engineering.
  • Recognised institutions

    The applicant must have completed an engineering qualification at a recognised educational institution.Study at an institution or college that is affiliated with a recognised institution does not satisfy this requirement.